Now, for some history.
I am Christina. My husband is Josh. We have two furbabies, Kow.e (koh-wee) and Luke, both Lhasa Apsos and both spoiled and loved beyond belief. Here are some pictures so you can get a visual of just how stinkin' cute they are...
Here they are playing with their Christmas loot...
We're nappers!
So these are my current babies. They're anxiously awaiting a baby brother or sister. Seriously.
Now for a little about me:
I am a Pu.rdue University graduate and I married my amazing husband a year and a half ago. I work for my alma mater as a Dir.ector of De.velopment and I love every minute of it! It's my dream job! Josh is in management for a large dept. store and is a graduate of the University of Wyoming.
Our TTC journey:
We met, fell in love, and were engaged within 3 months and married 20 months after that. We KNEW it was right. We'd both been single for a long time, waiting for the perfect match. So we found one another quite randomly, built a house, bought our first dog and were truly living in bliss! Everything had happened like it was out of a fairy tale. (Even to the point that I had always joked that I would not waste my time just dating...I was waiting for my Mr. Right. And, ...somewhat sickeningly, I realize..., I literally found my Mr. Wright.) We, with the naivete of happy honeymooners, thought that everything would work this way! So we went off the pill on our honeymoon, took the allotted 3 months for all of the pills to get out of my system (as per my doctor...I know that there are varying views on this) without actually trying, but we didn't prevent, and then in January of 2007, we officially started trying.
One month, nothing. Two, three...nothing. Each month we would convince ourselves that everything was fine. We had a trip to Hawaii, so GREAT, I could drink! Then a trip to Boston...alright!, more drinking! Every month, there was a new reason that it was "fine" that we weren't pg. Or so we tried to convince ourselves. I can tend to be a bit of a pollyanna, so I always tried to see the good. In fact, I was able to take my dream job (my current job) and through the process of interviewing, I always kept this in mind. And now. looking back, I know that God is working something out for me, because if I had gotten pg the first month that we'd been trying, I would have been unable to take my job because I would have been DUE! So I know something bigger is happening.
So that brings us to today. After doing everything the "right" way...we have a strong and happy marriage, a home, a nice nest egg, great jobs, loving and supportive families, happy dogs (can't forget the dogs!)...everything! After all of that, we're still in the same spot with this one tiny little thing (or, well, maybe it's a freaking HUGE thing, but still!)...a thing that we want so badly for all of the RIGHT reasons. We have since learned that I don't O. Surprise to me! I thought I could predict my O by the pains in my abdomen and my CD! I was so wrong! So this Wednesday, I have bw taken to test my progesterone and we will, in all likelihood, start Clomid on the next cycle! I'm just excited to get something going and have some sort of a ball rolling.
That's our story in a nutshell. I have a ton that I want to talk about, but this is getting to be wordy! I am going to post about some of the struggles I've had with being positive, why I chose the blog name that I did and the progress on the bw. Those, I will do very soon, and after that, we'll see! I'm just going to use this as a sounding board for my own crazy thoughts! Not to mention, I want a nice blogroll because there are so many blogs that I love to read now that it can get a little hard to keep them on my favorites at work!
Thank you for reading and welcome! Check back often. And thank you for those of you who have shared your stories via blog. I find it very comforting and quite addictive.


1 comment:
Oh my gosh, we have so much in common! I live in Indy and am a BSU grad. My husband and I are both 28 and have been TTC since May 2007. We have also had the Hawaii trip, etc.
(ICOMLEAVEWE commenter)
http://www.angryinfertile.blogspot.com
Post a Comment