Thursday, February 28, 2008

fun way to kill a 1/2 hour

I was doing my daily blog check and ran across this in Miss E's Musings, so I thought it might be a fun way to waste a bit of time. I had my appointment this morning, so I didn't get into the office until 10 and we have a lunch at 11:30 so I don't really want to start any projects. This is a much better way to spend my time.

Five beauty products you could not live without:
  1. Mousse (naturally curly hair + Indiana weather = Must Have Mousse!)
  2. My Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup. I'm in love.
  3. Lip Gloss
  4. Mascara
  5. Aveeno lotions
Worst beauty mistake you've made:
I was not a fortunate girl who had a mom that was really into fashion or beauty. Therefore I didn't discover mousse until I was in 8th grade, resulting in many years of my natural curl being BRUSHED out. That equals a lot of embarrassing pictures, to say the least.

Daily skin care regimen:
I wash my face in the shower, lube up with lotion all over and Kerol on my arms, use mineral makeup (which has helped a TON with my problem skin), and then at night, I wash my face with a cleanser made for mineral makeup, apply some acne preventing lotion and put a special cream on any problem areas. That's pretty much it. I don't fuss with it throughout the day except for to reapply some lip gloss.

Daily cosmetics regimen:
Medium BE powder as concealer & around eyes, Medium Beige as a light foundation, bronzer for a bit of color and a little more coverage, blush, whatever eye shadow goes with that day's outfit, sometimes eye liner, a good amount of mascara, and then finish it all of with mineral veil. Followed by some lip gloss.

Favorite beauty treat:
Pedicures. Especially in the spring and summer when I wear sandals a lot.

Favorite beauty store:
We have 1 BE store about an hour from me, plus a small one in the airport, so I hit them up when I can.

Favorite budget brand-- cosmetics:
Target's Sonia Kashuk. GREAT eye shadows.

Favorite premium brand -- cosmetics:
BE I guess

Favorite budget brand -- skin care:

Aveeno

Favorite premium brand -- skin care:
Aveda, love the smell

Favorite budget brand -- hair care:
Pantene.
Favorite premium brand -- hair care:
My hair reacts best to cheap stuff, especially shampoo & conditioner. But I do love some Aveda products, just not shampoo or conditioner.

Favorite fragrances:
Lauren style, Ralph Lauren; Gap Heaven; Burberry Brit; Clinique Happy & Happy to Be; Victoria's Secret-Body By Victoria & Pink

Must-own item:
Diffuser for blow dryer

Best beauty tip:
Lip gloss goes a long way. I love the natural look and the shine. AND, if you haven't tried mineral makeup, I highly suggest it. It has done wonders for my skin!!

No comments: