Got a call from the RE this afternoon. Turns out that he wants to do an IUI this cycle. I didn't know it was called IUI until I asked on the nest, because I'd always thought IUIs included lots of injectibles (which, I learned, they sometimes do). But he wants me to trigger on Sunday and then go in on Monday for the IUI. The nurse said that I'll have at least 3 mature follies, if not 4, depending upon how well the one that was 13 grows between now and then.
WOW!!!!! RE provides me with another whirlwind! The best part: it's only $300!! I thought IUIs were around the $1200-$1500 range for some reason (injectibles, perhaps?). So $300 was a good number.
DH and I came up with a list of questions to ask the nurse tomorrow and we're pretty sure we're going to do it. The only problem is that I will feel like it's a complete waste of $$ if it doesn't work, and DH said that he thinks we should do this cycle and one more, then take a break if we're still getting BFNs. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Anyway, we came up with some questions and as long as they're all answered correctly, we're going to go forward. I know it's only $300, but I just hate to see it go down the drain. I just keep wondering if we should wait a month, if we get a BFN we can increase the dosage of Clomid, hopefully produce more follies and have an even better chance of a BFP with an IUI next cycle. However, knowing my luck, I'd have 8 follies and get pg with quads or something crazy. Two, I'd be really happy with. Three or Four, I'd have to have some convincing!! :) Though, at this point, I'll take what I can get!!
The unexpected surprise: I got an update from my insurance today and realized that our RE Consult WAS covered by insurance! Awesome!! We paid $200 OOP for that, so I'm going to call in the morning to see about the $170 that should be left as a credit for us after our co-pay. If we do, in fact, get the $170 back, the IUI will be a no-brainer. I can totally handle $130!!! I just hope that the RE's office sees things the same way I do, but I don't know how they couldn't...but insurance stuff can be kind of tricky.
Yay for good news!! The **ONLY** downside is that we're leaving for Vegas on March 12. So guess who will be unable to drink? I may get to test while I'm there though, which might be cool!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment