Friday, February 29, 2008

IUI, it is!

After talking things over, J and I decided to move forward with the IUI. We're really optimistic, but there's always that lingering doubt. So I decided to take Monday off. Even though I know you can technically go about your normal day as planned, I want to go home and rest and let those little guys try to join together and then start snuggling up to the idea of making a nice, cozy home in my uterus.

As for our questions, my RE and nurse are completely fine with 4 follicles. Some girls on the nest say that 4 might be high and I've also read that some REs don't even do IUIs with more than 3, but the nurse said that it really doesn't increase my likelihood of multiples by much. And truth be told, I would love twins. Somehow, though, I just don't see this working for us this month.

We trigger tomorrow night at 8:30 and then have our IUI on Monday morning at 8:30. I hope everything goes well. In the meantime, I think I'll have a few drinks this evening! One last hoorah!! (Though, this would be like my seventeenth-one last hoorah because I always swear off alcohol for what ends up being no good reason.)

AND...drumroll please......we get the $170 back from the RE as a credit!!! So this IUI will only cost us $130. How could we beat that?!?!?!

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Just wanted to wish you good luck again on your IUI tomorrow morning!