Monday, February 4, 2008

whirlwind

Wow! What a day!! We had our first RE appointment today and I was expecting what everyone else usually says happens on the 1st appointment: lots of history, putting a plan together, discussing our IF story, etc. That is NOT what happened at our appointment today! The nurse did go over our histories a little. I love her, by the way. But then Dr. H. came in and it was a little weird at first. He just looked over everything, asked a couple questions here and there, but he mostly was in deep thought, we could tell. But then after he devised his plans in his head, he started talking and it felt like such a whirlwind.

I wasn't prepped for anything, but he did an u/s to check my lining and see if I had any follies. I had a nice big one! That's all I saw, I'm not sure if there were more but he said that it looked great. Then he prescribed a trigger shot. I was TOTALLY not expecting that!! He also said that if this cycle doesn't work, then we'll go to 100mg of Clomid and do another round or two of triggers. From there, he'll have J submit a specimen and then he'll inject it inside so as to make sure it's getting up there.
Other things to come:
  • HSG
  • Testing my Thyroid

The best part? When I mentioned that we want to be smart and not dip into savings OR go into debt, he said that we had all kinds of options that are under $300. He said that if the next 2 cycles don't work, we can do a few months of a $300 procedure and if that's a bust, then we'll head into the IUI territory, but he was very optimistic that we wouldn't need that long.

What a sigh of relief!! On a side note, I definitely laughed when J had to give me the trigger shot. I thought he was going to pass out and I almost called my sister to do it. But he pulled through. I knew he would.

Now the trick will be for me to O and to do so within about 40 hours from the shot. I leave on Wednesday morning for a business trip, so we'll be able to BD tomorrow night, but that's it before I'm gone for 7 days. So it's sort of then-or-never. Hopefully his swimmers are up to the challenge!

No comments: